Riddle me, Riddle me ree..

Riddle me ree.

Riddle me, riddle me, riddle me ree,

What, child, did you see from behind the lemon tree?

I saw the family doctor did come and go,

I saw the doctor did talk to my mother in tone so low.

What, dear child, did the doctor, he say to she?

I didn’t hear all..I confess…but,

I feel all that was silence will come to me.

Oh riddle me, riddle me, riddle me ree,

What is it obvious that a fool cannot see?

It is what is abundant in another so lacking in thee.

What dear child, did the doctor, he say to she?

I didn’t hear what said..but saw the silence, it speaks to me.

And in that visceral silence, oh riddle me ree,

I retreat to the shadows to escape their cloying similies.

So riddle me, riddle me…I am so like my mother similarly,

Death has taken my mother so sudden from me,

Woe..

Riddle me, riddle me, riddle me ree…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog