Empty Air.

Old man smoking..Sweden.

Empty Air.

All my thoughts wrong or right,

All my dreams I dream at night,

All such gathered in quiet delight,

Is really nought but empty air.

All I see that comes to me,

All I hear in quiet reprieve,

All such things I do believe,

Is nothing much save empty air.

Resolutions made then easily cast,

Reckoning a risk against the cost,

Cursing fate for chances lost,

Is but vapour in the empty air.

We take chances for money paid,

We hold grievance against past love,

All such waste clasp’d as treasure trove,

Are but wisps of wont in so much empty air.

‘Twould be better spend our valued time,

To contemplate, appreciate other feelings fine,

To hold to the best and that gold do mine,

Embrace to heart, full and fair, such fragrant air.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog